Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wednesday May 21st: Hampton, NH








Today was yet another long day at Murphy Brothers Tree Service. I got to the truck at 7:00 am and got on the highway to head up to Hampton, NH where I met Linus with the bucket truck. The last few days, Linus has been keeping the bucket truck at his house in Amesbury to try to save on fuel since diesel fuel is now almost close to five dollars a gallon. At Murphy Brothers Tree Service, we are all about fuel conservation. Today we did mostly large pruning jobs, and also removed a good size Cherry tree as well as a small Pussy Willow tree. The two jobs we did today were very long and tedious work. There was not good access to the trees, so we could not use the bucket truck and had to drag brush around a pool and then throw it over a fence. It was no fun. I was able to work on my climbing on the small Pussy Willow tree, and then Linus took care of the rest of the climbing. When I was on the ground today, I learned all about a new pulley system called a 2:1 ratio. (Picture Below) This system gives your extra strength when you are pulling. For example, we used it today to pull over the but of a tree that was leaning way back onto another piece of property. This system worked great and we were able to pull it over easier than ever. At the last job of the day, I was in charge of trimming all the over grown hedges around the property. When they were all done, they looked beautiful. Tomorrow, I am now sure what is planned. One thing I do know for sure if that we will have Kevin back on the job site with all of his professional expertise in the tree business and hope to finish up at our normal time, between 3:00pm and 4:00 pm. Today was another late day at MBTS; we finished up at 5:30 pm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey dennis.... your fading on your entries.

Anonymous said...

These long days are really tiring me out!