Friday, May 23, 2008

Friday: May 23rd: Last Day at MBTS

Today was my last day of my Senior Project with Murphy Brothers Tree Service Inc, and I went out with a bang. I started the day at 7:00 am and ended at 1:00pm. I was in charge of all the jobs that Steve and I were assigned to do today. Our day consisted of two removals and two large pruning jobs. I successfully drove all the trucks today, operated and did all of the cutting from the bucket truck, and did a quick climbing job. I was extremely successful at running the MBTS crew today and we got all the jobs accomplished. All three things I did today were my three overall goals for my project. Unfortunately, I was unable to get any pictures today because the digital camera was out of battery.
These past three weeks of my Senior Project have been awesome. I want to thank Kevin and Linus for being my sponsors and giving me this great opportunity to be apart of their company. Everyday was a new adventure with this group of guys and most of all great learning experiences. At the end of the day today, Kevin and I were reflecting back on these last few weeks. Kevin offered me a job working with MBTS for the summer months, and I couldn’t resist but to accept his offer. All my hard work these last few weeks must have paid off. This has been an extremely long week, we putting in over 30 hours by Wednesday. It is now time to rest up and work of my presentation for Tuesday.

No comments: